ORAL PROFICIENCY INTERVIEW
Who can take the OPI?
- International military students who have a MASL (or other official) requirement to take an OPI. MASL or other requirement must be provided when scheduling an OPI.
- US personnel who have an official requirement to take an OPI. MASL or other requirement must be provided when scheduling an OPI.
- In all instances, a candidate must meet the corresponding ECL requirement for the target training before being scheduled for the OPI.
- The OPI should be administered only once per candidate, except when a retest has been justified. Candidates must wait 90 days before a retest.
- For countries exempt from in-country English language testing, an approved OPI would have to be paid for at the currently applicable rate prior to its being scheduled. Please contact the OPI Coordinator for further information.
- Military departments or commands incorporating any OPI requirements into their program/training guidance must first coordinate with DLIELC to ensure that the requirements are appropriate and that DLIELC resources can support them.
Back to Language Testing Home