Frequently asked Questions about Operations

1. Who is my point of contact (POC)?

Visit the website and DLIELC directory on the second page.

2. How do I get a Texas drivers license?

Visit the website and search for "Driving Privileges." Cost for a six year Texas Driver License is about $25. Driver Licenses issued in the students' country and European Driver Licenses are valid for 30 days after arrival. International driver licenses are valid for one year.

3. How do I get a Social Security Card?

A Social Security Card is not issued to international students or their dependents.

4. How do I replace my I-94?

Visit the website

5. What billeting is available on and off base and what is the cost?

On base billeting for unaccompanied officers is $70.00/day and for unaccompanied NCOs is $55.00/day. There is no extra cost for spouse, but children are not allowed. Off base housing begins at $1000/month for furnished apartments.

6. How do I get transportation from the airport when I arrive?

Upon arrival at the San Antonio International Airport take the free Lackland Shuttle bus available at the following weekday times: 0455, 0825, 1125, 1425, 1725, and 2025. If arriving after these duty hours or on weekends, holidays, or family days, take a Yellow Cab taxi (210-222-2222, cost is approximately $60.00 for 1-4 people) to the Luke Visitor Center at Lackland AFB (2602 Luke Boulevard, JBSA Lackland AFB, TX 782360).

7. What on base amenities are available?

Visit the

8. If I am an IMET student, how much living allowance will I receive while at DLIELC?

While living on base, Officers receive $22.90/day which is used to pay for meals, lodging and incidentals. NCOs receive $11.00 per day. Neither Officers nor NCOs receive funds while living off base. Lodging for Officers and Enlisted is direct billed to the ITO for army and navy sponsored students; AF sponsored students receive a Metabank debit card.


Home    Welcome    FAQs    Contact    Employment