OPI Proficiency Interview
Helpful Information for Examinees
- During the interview you will be asked to participate in conversation by both asking and answering questions.
- You will be asked to perform a variety of tasks depending upon your level. Please click on attached link below for more information on each level.
- If the interviewers say something that you do not understand, you may ask for repetition or clarification.
- Raters will not correct you, help you with vocabulary, or tell you when you have misunderstood something or made a mistake.
- Relax as much as possible, answer the questions and perform the tasks to the best of your ability, and use your "best" English.
- Remember that the interview is a performance test, a measure of how well you understand and speak English on a particular day at a particular time.
- The interviewers will listen to your speech as you perform the tasks they give you.
- You will be assessed on the vocabulary and structure you use, your pronunciation and fluency, and the awareness of the culture that you display in your use of language.
- You will be given a rating in comprehension and speaking.
OPI General Information
What is the OPI
Who can take the OPI
OPI Performance Profile
Info for Examinees
OPI Scheduler/Proctor Info
OPI Program Guidelines
Scheduling an OPI
OPI Request Form
OPI Testing Procedures
Interpreting OPI Results